Monday, December 21, 2009

the Lord is faithful!

Hooray! I GOT MY VISA! its just so beautiful :) I'm pleased to say that the Australian government has officially deemed me acceptable enough to live in their country for up to 2 years! It all happened so quickly... well, sort of. Let me explain.

I've been meaning to call the embassy in Washington DC for a few days now, just to check on how things are going with my forms, and hoping to get an estimate on when it might be done. So.. I finally got around to giving them a call this morning! The nice lady on the phone said that my Visa had been approved, and was in fact on its way back to me right then! So I went about my day super excited and thankful to God that I didn't have to worry anymore (and actually, that I never need to worry in the first place!) Hours later... I arrived back home after finishing up some errands and what do you know? THERE IT WAS! A little fed-ex envelope with my name on it! I was actually in the middle of telling my best friend all about the anxieties I had been feeling toward the whole Visa situation when I opened it. Its safe to say that I screamed in her ear.

So there you have it! All thats left is to book a little 15-hour flight and I'll be off!

Thanks, as always, for your prayers and support!

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

books to read

  • Jesus Without Religion, by Rick James
  • Every Woman's Battle, by Shannon Ethridge
  • Red Moon Rising, by Peter Greig
  • Communicating Christ Cross-Culturally, by David Hesselgrave
  • The Master Plan of Evangelism, by Robert Coleman
  • Let the Nations be Glad, by John Piper
  • Changes that Heal, by Henry Cloud
  • The Life you've Always Wanted, by John Ortberg
  • Jesus Wants to Save Christians, by Rob Bell
  • Living by the Book, by William Hendricks