Monday, September 14, 2009

don't waste your time! (or life)!

This morning I prayed that God would allow me to have a spiritual conversation with my workers today, and He completely answered me! Without getting into detail, I'll just say that the guy is challenging to talk to, and he has some pretty disturbing beliefs about satan. He used to be a sadist, he says, about 10 years ago. We chatted, and another coworker joined in who is also not a believer, but this conversation lasted about 20 minutes I would say!

I will admit that I haven't been a good steward of this summer painting job, in terms of really talking with my coworkers about Jesus. I mean, they know that I'm going to be a missionary next year, and they know that I'm a "good Christian girl", but I have not been bold in sharing my faith. So today I just said a quick prayer and look what God did! Its just one conversation, but I pray that its the first of many! At one point the guy, mike, jokingly said "well I guess she wants us all to be Christians by the end of the season!"

There are so many people in our lives that could just slip by without hearing! This hit me first when I was on summer project in Brazil, but I only am recently getting a true burden for the people in my every day life. I read John Piper's book "Don't Waste your Life" over a year ago, and I remember feeling really convicted about the fact that I don't take steps of faith toward friends, family, coworkers and strangers much at all.

I'm in the states for another 4 months and I dont want to waste it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

books to read

  • Jesus Without Religion, by Rick James
  • Every Woman's Battle, by Shannon Ethridge
  • Red Moon Rising, by Peter Greig
  • Communicating Christ Cross-Culturally, by David Hesselgrave
  • The Master Plan of Evangelism, by Robert Coleman
  • Let the Nations be Glad, by John Piper
  • Changes that Heal, by Henry Cloud
  • The Life you've Always Wanted, by John Ortberg
  • Jesus Wants to Save Christians, by Rob Bell
  • Living by the Book, by William Hendricks